To our Quick Laners,
At Quick Lane, the health and welfare of our customers and team members is our number one priority.
We are committed to keeping the key workers and businesses that are vital to the Coronavirus response moving.
As a result, opening times of our centres may change. Please contact your local centre for more information.
We will keep normal everyday operations available where possible – however, due to the government’s advice to limit travel and contact with others, we understand if you are reluctant to come to our centres. But we just want you to know that we are here if you need us.
We are taking the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) extremely seriously and are taking every precaution to reduce risks, as listed below. We are open for all customers – from servicing to MOT tests – and we are also keen to make key workers, for example NHS staff and delivery drivers, aware that we are open and are here to help. We are also here to keep businesses moving during this difficult time.Why are we staying open?
As of the 23rd March 2020, the government listed garages as an exception to retail closures for the essential services they provide to local communities. More detail can be found here.Protecting you and us
We have taken a number of steps to help stop the spread of the virus and protect everyone who visits us, while ensuring that we remain open and continue to let our Quick Laners look after you. These measures are:
- Our Quick Lane team are exercising social distancing as much as possible. We are stopping handshakes, but you will always be greeted with a smile!
- All team members will wear disposable gloves at all times, and will dispose of these as clinical waste.
- In addition to our usual handover process, your key controls (including steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, gear lever and door handles) have all been wiped prior to handover.
- Our team members continue to be vigilant around hygiene and cleanliness, including frequent handwashing. Our waiting rooms and coffee machines are also sanitised regularly.
- Hand sanitiser is available to all centre team members and customers. Handwashing and hand-sanitiser usage will be completed by team members on entering and leaving any centre – and we will encourage customers to do the same.
- We can offer a ‘contactless’ service where you can leave your car with us if you are concerned
If you have an appointment with us but are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms that relate to COVID-19 (coronavirus), please call your local Quick Lane centre to postpone your appointment. Our team are here to help, and we will be happy to rebook your appointment at a later date.
We will continue to monitor the situation and respond to the official daily advice, with our customer and team members health as the priority. We will continue to react to any developments and will communicate any changes via this page.
We are all in this together, and Quick Lane wish you and your family the very best during this uncertain time.
CEO, Quick Lane Europe
Further information on the virus can be found below:
- GOV.UK, Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information and advice: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public